Meditation Resources and links
MINDFULNESS OF EMOTION IN THE BODY
- Notice your posture on the chair as if you were seeing yourself from the outside.
Feeling your body humming with sensation. Allow the Meditation Training to begin.
Entering into your body and into the world of sensations occurring in this very moment.
- Now bringing attention to your heart region. Placing your hand over your heart to
reminding yourself to bring loving attention to your experience.
- Finding your breath in the heart region and beginning to practice mindfulness of
breathing. Feeling your chest move as you breathe. When your mind wanders,
bringing it back to the sensation of breathing.
- After a few minutes, releasing your attention to your breath and letting yourself recall
the difficult emotion. If you wish, remember the situation in which you felt the
- Now expanding your awareness to your body as a whole. While you recall the
emotion, scanning your body for where you feel it the most. In your mind’s eye,
sweeping your body from head to toe, stopping where you can sense a little tension
- Now choose a single location in your body where the feeling expresses itself most
strongly, perhaps as a point of muscle tension or an achy feeling, like a heartache.
In your mind, inclining gently toward that spot as if you were inclining toward a child
or a beloved pet. Continuing to breathe naturally, allowing the sensation to be there,
just as it is. If you wish, placing your hand over your heart as you continue to
breathe. Allowing the gentle, rhythmic motion of the breath to soothe your body.
- At this time, you may wish to add the “soften-soothe-allow” practice.
- Gently opening your eyes. And give thanks for this resource.
In Australia, we have made and make use of these resources for Meditation.
Australian School of Meditation and Yoga http://asmy.org.au/
Meditation Mindfulness Techniques http://www.thelifecoach.net.au/mindfulness-meditation-techniques/
Meditation Society of Australia http://meditation.org.au/
Meditation Association of Australia http://meditationaustralia.org.au/
Newcastle Mindfulness http://www.mindfulnessnewcastle.com.au/
Meditate in Australia http://meditate.net.au/
Christian Meditation in Australia http://www.christianmeditationaustralia.org/
Centered Meditation http://centredmeditation.com.au/
Premium Starter Kit Essential Oils Australia https://EssentialOil.net.au/
Vipassana Meditation http://www.dhamma.org/en/about/art